View full site Menu
Grants become available at different times throughout the year.
For Sports Grants recently opened see our grants page.
Clubs need to be aware of resources that can help them locate applicable and available grants. A couple of ways to do this are to check regular websites (listed below such as councils and Vic Health and DPCD) as well as utilise tools such as Grant Guru – Community and South West Sport newsletters (subscription link below).
The Federal government has several grants programs available to clubs in our region. keep track of these grants by regularly reviewing the following websites.
• www.grants.myregion.gov.au (contains grants available through various Federal Departments)
• www.ausport.gov.au Australian Sports Commission with grants including Local Sporting Champions Grant
• www.fahcsia.gov.au Family, Housing Community Services & Indigenous Affairs have an annual “Volunteer Grants” program
Sport and recreation Victoria – http://sport.vic.gov.au/about-sport-in-victoria/grants-and-programs
This State Government Department is the home to a wide range of grants applicable to Victorian Sport and Recreation Clubs. The website contains the latest information on grant availability, application guidelines and an online application system that streamlines the application process.
Examples of grants from the state government through this website are:
– Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
– Significant Sporting Events Program
– Country Football and Netball Program
– Sporting Club Grants Program
– Athlete Pathway Travel Grants Program
– Emergency grants: Sports Equipment
– Shooting Sports Facilities Program
VicHealth adds strength to other organisations working in health promotion through the provision of funding and other resources. Every year they fund hundreds of projects, with funds going to a range of organisations, both large and small.
Many South West Clubs have been successful in obtaining funding through the annual Active Club Grant Program – for sports injury prevention and management equipment, essential sporting equipment, volunteer and club training, and portable sun shade.
South West Council Grants
Be sure to check out your local shires website to get the current community development grants that are now open.
Click on the following shire that is relevant to your sporting club;
South West Sport monthly E-News – for all the latest grant information – delivered via email.
– training, workshops, grants
– emailed monthly
Click on the subscription link on our website.
Easy Grants – Our Community
– latest available grants across all fields
– emailed monthly
– paid subscription available at Our Community
Grant Guru – Community
Grant Guru – Community is Australia’s largest FREE searchable list of nation-wide Grants and Funding programs for community based and Not-For-Profit organisations. The website can be searched by sector or region to find grants applicable to your organisation. (ensure you use the website link below)