View full site Menu
What is Sports Bank?
We know that people who participate in Community sport and recreation are happier, healthier and can generally expect to live longer than people who don’t.
Despite the benefits, some members of our community are much less likely to be involved in sport than others due to various circumstances including people with a disability, people on low incomes, people from other cultural backgrounds and indigenous people.
We also know that one of the main barriers to being involved is cost.
Sports Bank has been established to assist people facing financial barriers to participate in all aspects of community sport and recreation by providing interest free loans to cover upfront sporting costs such as registrations, uniforms, equipment and training.
The aim of Sports Bank is to provide an ongoing solution to an ongoing problem, a sustainable resource that supports and encourages lifelong participation in community sport and recreation and a happier and healthier South West.
No Interest loan scheme?
The no interest loan scheme provides an interest free loan for those on low incomes. There are no hidden costs to the applicant.
What can be funded?
- Sporting goods such as equipment and uniforms
- Payment of Sporting Club memberships
- Payment of Sporting Club registration fees
- Financial assistance for participation in elite sporting and training activities
- Coaching and umpiring courses.
(Please see Eligible Items Information Sheet below)
Successful applicants will sign a payment plan agreement allowing repayments to be made fortnightly to South West Sports account via Centrepay Deductions A timeframe for repayments will be negotiated with each applicant.
Who is eligible to apply?
- To be eligible-applicants or their families must be the holder of a current healthcare card or low income card
- Disability support pension or in receipt of a disability payment or allowance.
- Exceptional circumstances may be considered.
How to apply?
Application forms are available online or at South West Sport, Sports House, 34 Koroit St, Warrnambool. For further information contact the office by email email@example.com or call South West Sport on (03) 5561 1689.
South West Sport will assess each application and notify both successful and unsuccessful applicants.
Sportsbank Application Form