View full site Menu
AFL Victoria’s Strategic Community Investment Fund is Now Open!
AFL Victoria are committed to supporting community football, with the Strategic Community Investment Fund being part of the largest investment into country football in a number of years. ????????
???????? Clubs are encouraged to jump online, or have a chat to AFL Western District for more information!
Positioning community football clubs, leagues and Commissions for long-term sustained success is a key objective of the program. Applications must clearly demonstrate how the project will improve participation outcomes. Specifically, proposals should demonstrate how the project will increase or maintain participation and improve the health and wellbeing of the community.
What types of activities are funded under this grant?
Examples of potential projects include (but not limited to):
For Individual Clubs:
- A program that engages and encourages participation by diverse communities (multicultural, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, all abilities) in a club environment including club cultural awareness training
- Support to establish and/or grow new female teams
- Provide short-term financial support to distressed clubs i.e. where a natural disaster may have impacted on the club’s ability to operate. In these instances, it should be demonstrated that a sustainable long-term future can be secured with SCIF support
- Accounting support to improve a club’s financial structures i.e. financial software and financial service
- Costs associated with the establishment of new or amalgamated clubs i.e. new jumpers, incorporation, start-up funding, recruitment drives, accreditation of trainers
- A junior recruitment drive to boost participation for a club with dwindling junior numbers
- Club development program/training to support a club establish a strategic plan
- A program that engages and encourages participation by diverse communities (multicultural, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, all abilities) in a region to participate
- Support to establish and/or grow new female competitions
- Establishment of a junior coordinator to support clubs in an area of social disadvantage to increase junior participation
- Training or development programs that address a collection of club needs i.e. junior coach development, mental health programs, club sustainability strategies
- Independent reviews of league/region competition structures that support informed decision making around those structures
- An umpiring recruitment or development program for the region Research into regional participation issues i.e; youth retention
For grant guidelines or to apply, click here.