View full site Menu
We understand that it’s hard trying to manage the costs of playing sport and running a Club.
There are a number of options available which some Clubs and players may not have known about. For more information on funding opportunities for your Club, come and speak to us.
Clubs and organisations should be aware of resources that can help them locate applicable and available grants.
By regularly checking funding websites (i.e Councils, VicHealth) as well as utilising tools such as Grant Guru – Community and South West Sport newsletters; Clubs and organisations can accurately plan and prepare grant applications to assist them with the running of their Club or program.
The Federal Government has several grants programs available to Clubs in our region. Keep track of the grants available by regularly reviewing the following websites:
- https://www.grants.gov.au/ – contains a comprehensive list of a number grants available through various Federal Departments.
- https://www.sportaus.gov.au/ – Australian Sports Commission. Grants available include the Local Sporting Champions and Community Sport Infrastructure Grants.
- https://www.dss.gov.au/ – Department of Social Services. Grants available include an annual ‘Volunteer Grants’ scheme.
Our State Government Department is the home to a wide range of grants applicable to Victorian Sport and Recreation Clubs. The website contains the latest information on grant availability, application guidelines and an online application system that streamlines the application process.
Examples of grants from the state government through this website are:
- Community Sports Infrastructure Fund
- Significant Sporting Events Program
- Country Football and Netball Program
- Sporting Club Grants Program
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants Program
- Emergency Grants – Sports Equipment
- Shooting Sports Facilities Program
VicHealth knows how valuable sport is, to get us moving toward better health and wellbeing. Three out of five women are not getting enough physical activity to benefit their health and many people – particularly people who are less physically active – are interested in more fun, flexible and social sport activities.
This is why VicHealth’s Active Club Grant needs your help to encourage more Victorians to participate in sport through two specific focus areas:
- Increasing female participation opportunities
- Supporting social and modified sport programs for less active Victorians.
You can find out more about VicHealth’s Active Club Grants and other funding opportunities here.
South West Council Grants:
Be sure to check out your local Council’s website to get a full list of the current community development grants that are now open.
Click on the following Council link that is relevant to your sporting club:
Other Useful Websites:
Grant Guru – Community
Grant Guru – Community is Australia’s largest FREE searchable list of nation-wide Grants and Funding programs for community based and Not-For-Profit organisations. The website can be searched by sector or region to find grants applicable to your organisation.
Click here for more information.
South West Sport:
Subscribe to South West Sport’s Club News – for all the latest grant information – delivered via e-mail. Each issue includes information on:
- Training and workshops
- Available grants
- Upcoming events
- and MUCH more!
Even better, there’s no subscription fees! To sign up is easy! Enter your e-mail address in the ‘Newsletter’ box at the bottom of this page!
Check out Easy Grants – Our Community for:
- the latest available grants across all fields
- emailed monthly