View full site Menu
COVID-19 Update: South West Sport
10:00am, 18th March 2020
RE: COVID – 19 (Coronavirus)
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, South West Sport are remaining informed regarding the rapidly changing environment. With a number of competitions and events postponed and/or cancelled it is evident that there is going to be a significant impact on the sport and recreation community.
Clubs and associations are encouraged to liaise directly with the relevant State Sporting Association in the first instance when looking for guidance on club activities and programming.
South West Sport encourage clubs and associations to adopt the information and instructions provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
Everyone can take steps to reduce the risk of coronavirus infections:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick. If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water and get plenty of sleep.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
If anyone suspects they may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days on 1800 675 398. Keep Triple Zero free for emergencies.
South West Sport will inform participants of any changes to meetings, workshops and courses as these changes occur. This includes the upcoming Member Protection Information Officer workshop in Warrnambool and Responsible Service of Alcohol course in Terang.
Keep up to date on South West Sport, by following us on Facebook, or via our website.
Stay safe. The team at South West Sport.
For a copy of the memo, click here.
For the latest Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) coronavirus (COVID-19) statement click here.