View full site Menu
Emergency Sporting Equipment Grant Program
This grant provides assistance to grassroots sport and active recreation clubs and organisations to replace essential sporting or first aid equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of fire, flood, significant storm event, theft or criminal damage
For specific details on the program, including the objectives of the fund, the grant categories and amounts available and eligibility of applications please refer to the guidelines below.
Applications can be submitted by local community sport and active recreation clubs which:
- are non-government and not-for-profit
- are registered as an incorporated body. If the club or organisation is not incorporated it must arrange a legally constituted organisation to manage the funds.
- participate in an organised competition of a sport recognised by Sport Australia and/or Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code (or) their relevant state sporting assocaition code of conduct/member protection policy which incorporates the Fair Play Code.
- comply with the expectations of the Victorian Anti-doping Policy 2012.
- have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants received from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- be aware that it is a requirement of this grant that if an institution has been named in an application or receives a Notice of Redress Liability, they must join or intend to join the National Redress Scheme (the Scheme). For more information on the Scheme
For more information head to https://sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/emergency-sporting-and-recreational-equipment
Applications can be made at any time as there are no closing dates. Applications lodged more than six (6) months after the loss or damage will not be considered unless there are special circumstances for the delay.