View full site Menu
Latest COVID-19 Information
Updated on 2 May 2022
Restrictions update statewide
The current COVIDSafe settings are in place from 11:59pm on 22 April 2022.
Community Sports Requirements – CLICK HERE
Clubs must still have an up to date COVID Safe Plan: Templates can be found here
Sport and exercise in regional Victoria
For a full summary of COVIDSafe Settings as they apply to the sport, exercise, and physical recreation services sector guidance, visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/sport-exercise-and-physical-recreation-services-sector-guidance
For more basic information regarding sport and exercise in regional Victoria, including a list of current FAQ’s please visit the coronavirus website
Other important information for organisations
Anyone with symptoms should get tested immediately – please encourage your workers to get tested if they are unwell. The list of testing sites includes wait times.
All Victorians aged 12 years and over are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. For more information on how to book your vaccine appointment, visit the Coronavirus website.
As restrictions ease, it’s important to check your COVIDSafe Plan is up to date.
For more information, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au or call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.
What do I do if I get COVID-19?
– A checklist for anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 is available HERE
How Can We Help?
We know this is a difficult time for everyone in the community and we’re continuing to monitor the current situation to get a fuller picture about the impact coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on community sport.
South West Sport is working with our Regional Sport Victoria colleagues around two immediate priorities over this period:
- Supporting the sector to ensure it comes through this period in as strong a position as possible
- Doing everything we can to encourage people to stay active, wherever possible, which we think is now more important than ever.
We will continue to work with you to understand the ongoing and future impact of coronavirus and we want to make sure that whatever action we take has the greatest positive impact. So, we want to hear from you now about the issues you’re facing and to take on board these ideas and concerns to feed into consideration of the type of support we offer moving forward.
We know that:
- It may be difficult for your club, league or association to run and host programs or events as planned and retain member engagement;
- The timings of your season may be uncertain;
- People in your community are likely to be anxious, and will probably want to be continuing with their sport participation; and,
- More generally, you may be interested in alternative operations to respond to the current situation and to keep your organisation going.
Here at South West Sport:
Our priority is the health and safety of our stakeholders, team members and our communities. We have adjusted our service delivery and programs based on the current Government advice.