View full site Menu
Pacific Hydro Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund
The Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund opens on Friday 1st May 2020!
Pacific Hydro’s Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Portland Wind Energy Project, Yambuk, and Codrington Wind Farms back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farms.
From 1 – 31 May eligible community groups and not-for-profit organisations are encouraged to apply for project funding up to $10,000 from a pool of $186,000.
The Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program, which has provided more than $3.7 Million to over 800 projects across Australia since 2005.
The Great South West Sustainable Communities Fund aims to support projects, initiatives, and organisations that provide lasting benefit to local communities and address community need in at least one of these five key areas:
- education and training
- health and welfare
- sport and recreation
- arts and culture, and
- the environment.
To be eligible, the proposed project or initiative must:
- Directly benefit the local community (in at least one of the five program areas)
- Not be for the private gain of particular individuals
- Have the support of the community (contact details of at least two prominent members of the community prepared to speak in support of your project)
- Have necessary approvals and permissions in place prior to applying, such as council approval (if required)
- Meet the Community Investment Program’s aims and objectives
Up to $10,000 can be sought from Pacific Hydro for each project. Organisations can apply for more than one project at a time, but must be able to demonstrate their ability to deliver them within twelve months.
For more information, or to apply now – click here.