View full site Menu
Access for All Abilities
What is Access For All Abilities?
The Victorian Government is committed to building better, stronger communities where all people are encouraged to participate in all aspects of community life.
Access for All Abilities is a program funded through Sport and Recreation Victoria, that aims to develop and support sport and recreation environments that are inclusive of and accessible to people with a disability.
South West Sport is an Access For All Abilities Regional Provider that works in partnership with Sport and Recreation organisations in the South West to:
- Increase community awareness about the benefits of inclusive sport and recreation;
- Ensure that planning for sport & recreation at the local level takes into account inclusion & accessibility;
- Deliver more sport & recreation settings that are inclusive of & accessible to people with a disability.
Popular sports in the South West Region:
- Active Oceans – Swimming / Snorkeling / Surfing / Rowing
- Young Sports Good Sports
- Whats New – Find out about all the different activities happening in the South West.
To find an activity near you, check out the range of programs on the AAA Play website by clicking here.
Individual Recreation Program:
Individual Recreation Program supports individuals with a disability to access the community sport and recreation option of their choice and supports sport and recreation providers to welcome and include people with a disability into their club or activity.
South West Sport produces out a newsletter highlighting the range of AAA news and events in the South West region.