View full site Menu
South West Sport runs a number of Club Development Workshops throughout the year.
Workshop topics are determined from club feedback and are aimed at providing information, guidance and support regarding relevant topics.
If you’re interested in a topic being run or you would like some one-on-one support please feel free to contact us.
Upcoming Workshop Topics:
Member Protection Information Officer,
2 courses available
Friday 4 December 9.30am – 12.30pm.
40 places available.
Monday 7 December 9.30am – 12.30pm
18 places available
Previous Workshop Topics:
- ‘Strategic Planning 101: Where do we start?’, 6:30pm, Wednesday 23rd September
Presenter Mike Neoh, CEO South West Sport, took us through the basics on what to consider if clubs wish to undertake their own strategic planning process.
You can view the session here
- COVID-19 and Community Sport 3-Part Webinar Series, 7:00pm, 21st, 26th and 28th May
• Thursday 21st May, Managing Finances and Sponsorship (featuring Moore Stephens Australia) – view the session here
• Tuesday 26th May, Strategic Planning – view the session here
• Thursday 28th May, Innovative Participation Strategies (featuring AFL Victoria, VicHealth and VicSport) – view the session here
- Tackling the Stigma, A Conversation About the Role of Sport in Mental Health, 7:00pm Friday 29th May
The physical benefits of playing sport are well known.
But what we don’t often think about is the fact that there are a multitude of mental health benefits obtained by participating in sport and active recreation.
In a time where restrictions have meant that clubs cannot operate in the same way we are used to, this is bound to impact members in different ways.
View this session here.
- Fair Play Code, 5th May 2020
The Victorian Government’s Fair Play Code – a code of conduct for sport and recreation, outlines the standards of behaviour expected for everyone involved in sport and recreation.
We’ve created a checklist for clubs to utilise during the session, which can be viewed here.
- Grant Writing Webinar, 23rd April 2020
Writing successful grant applications is a lengthy process that begins with an idea. Clubs in particular, often rely on funding for projects to grow their club – but are often frustrated when a grant application doesn’t go their way.
We will give you a few helpful tips and tricks, plus a few key considerations when preparing your application. Click here for the webinar.