View full site Menu
South West Sport runs a number of Club Development Workshops throughout the year.
Workshop topics are determined from club feedback and are aimed at providing information, guidance and support regarding relevant topics.
If you’re interested in a topic being run or you would like some one-on-one support please feel free to contact us.
Upcoming Workshop Topics:
Women’s Regional Governance Program – presented by South West Sport and the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation.
The program consists of three sessions, and participants must complete all three (1x online, 2 x face-to-face).
Session 1: Timeslots available at 6:00pm, Monday 26th April or 6:00pm, Wednesday 28th April.
Volunteers: Attraction, Retention and Re-engagement
Click your preferred workshop location and date for more details and registration:
Reactivating Your Club Post COVID-19, 6:00pm, Monday 17th May – Killara Centre, Camperdown
- Presented by South West Sport feat. Sport and Recreation Victoria
- Supported by Corangamite Shire Council
Book your place now via Trybooking here.
Also coming up this year:
- Term 2: Strategic Planning
- Term 3: Great Governance and Board Roles
- Term 4: Writing Successful Grants
Previous Workshop Topics:
Click a topic to view the recording and/or presentation.
- Managing Finances and Sponsorship (presented by Regional Sport Victoria and Moore Stephens Australia)
- Long Term Planning – COVID-19 (presented by Regional Sport Victoria)
- Innovative Participation Strategies (presented by Regional Sport Victoria, AFL Victoria, VicHealth and VicSport)
- Tackling the Stigma: A Conversation About Mental Health (featuring Dr. Jodie Fleming, Let’s Talk Foundation and Lifeline)
- Strategic Planning 101
- Writing Successful Grants
- Fair Play Code
- Improving Physical Health
- Volunteer Attraction and Retention
- Marketing and Social Media
- Social and Modified Sport
- Child Safe Standards
- Meeting Agendas and Compliance
- Club Policies
- Updating your Constitution
- Committee Roles and Position Descriptions
- Effective Club Committee Meetings