View full site Menu
South West Sport runs a number of Club Development Workshops throughout the year.
Workshop topics are determined from club feedback and are aimed at providing information, guidance and support regarding relevant topics.
If you’re interested in a topic being run or you would like some one-on-one support please feel free to contact us.
Upcoming Workshop Topics:
- COVID-19 and Community Sport 3-Part Webinar Series, 7:00pm, 21st, 26th and 28th May
Join us for a series of online club workshops!
• Thursday 21st May, Managing Finances and Sponsorship (featuring Moore Stephens Australia)
• Tuesday 26th May, Strategic Planning
• Thursday 28th May, Innovative Participation Strategies
To book your place, go to Trybooking.
- Tackling the Stigma, A Conversation About the Role of Sport in Mental Health, 7:00pm Friday 29th May
The physical benefits of playing sport are well known.
But what we don’t often think about is the fact that there are a multitude of mental health benefits obtained by participating in sport and active recreation.
In a time where restrictions have meant that clubs cannot operate in the same way we are used to, this is bound to impact members in different ways.
Join us on our Facebook page at 7:00pm for this session.
- Member Protection Information Officer – Member Protection Information Officers play an important role in sport. They provide information and guidance on complaints procedures – they are the ‘go to’ person if you want to discuss problems at your club/association, particularly if you are considering making a formal complaint.
Previous Workshop Topics
- Fair Play Code, 5th May 2020
The Victorian Government’s Fair Play Code – a code of conduct for sport and recreation, outlines the standards of behaviour expected for everyone involved in sport and recreation.
We’ve created a checklist for clubs to utilise during the session, which can be viewed here.
- Grant Writing Webinar, 23rd April 2020
Writing successful grant applications is a lengthy process that begins with an idea. Clubs in particular, often rely on funding for projects to grow their club – but are often frustrated when a grant application doesn’t go their way.
We will give you a few helpful tips and tricks, plus a few key considerations when preparing your application. Click here for the webinar.