View full site Menu
South West Sport runs a number of Club Development Workshops throughout the year.
A list of previous workshops including resources and recordings is available below.
Workshop topics are determined from club feedback and are aimed at providing information, guidance, and support regarding relevant topics. If you’re interested in a topic being run or your club would like some free one-on-one club support please contact us.
Upcoming Workshop Topics:
Corangamite Shire has engaged South West Sport to present FREE in-person workshops on the topic of how to best manage, support, and attract volunteers at your sport club. The session is open to any member of a local sporting club in the Corangamite Shire area seeking advice on volunteer support.
For details and to book your attendance at the session please click on your preferred session.
– Timboon Stadium: Santos Room
Monday, 20th June 2022, 6-7pm
– Terang Civic Hall: Rose Room
Wednesday, 22nd June 2022, 6-7pm
For more details:
Call: 5561 5671
NOTE: Walk-ins are welcome on either night
New Child Safe Standards Workshop – COMING SOON
Previous Workshop Topics:
Click a topic below to view the resources and material from previous workshops
- 2022 Participation Planning for Clubs
- 2021 Tips for Writing Successful Grants Applications
- 2021 Club Committees: Understanding your Roles and Responsibilities
- 2021 Strategic Planning Online Webinar Recording and Resources
- 2021 Volunteers: Attraction, Retention, and Re-engagement
- Managing Finances and Sponsorship (presented by Regional Sport Victoria and Moore Stephens Australia)
- Long Term Planning – COVID-19 (presented by Regional Sport Victoria)
- Innovative Participation Strategies (presented by Regional Sport Victoria, AFL Victoria, VicHealth and VicSport)
- Tackling the Stigma: A Conversation About Mental Health (featuring Dr. Jodie Fleming, Let’s Talk Foundation and Lifeline)
- Strategic Planning 101
- Writing Successful Grants
- Fair Play Code
- Improving Physical Health
- Volunteer Attraction and Retention
- Marketing and Social Media
- Social and Modified Sport
- Child Safe Standards
- Meeting Agendas and Compliance
- Club Policies
- Updating your Constitution
- Committee Roles and Position Descriptions
- Effective Club Committee Meetings