View full site Menu
Regional Sport Program
VicHealth is enabling more people in regional Victoria to be physically active in healthier sporting environments.
The Regional Sport Program 2018-21 is an investment under the VicHealth Physical Activity Strategy 2018-23 that aims to engage less active Victorians in rural and regional areas in sport, as well as promote greater gender equity in our communities.
South West Sport works with local partners to create more opportunities for less active Victorians to be physically active through sport and active recreation with focus on young people (12-17) and women and girls.
In particular, South West Sport will:
- Support clubs to implement social or modified sport programs for young people (12-17) or women and girls (e.g. State Sporting Association programs)
- Address gaps in participation pathways by supporting clubs to introduce new teams, programs or competitions for young people (12-17) or women and girls
- Support clubs to use club facilities and venues as places for delivering active recreation opportunities (e.g. Yoga in Bowls Clubs)
- Promote This Girl Can – Victoria: an empowering campaign from
- Encourage clubs to undertake a Gender Equity Checklist and commit to two actions that may be small in effort, but big in impact.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMS UNDER THE REGIONAL SPORT PROGRAM