View full site Menu
Resource of the Month – February
Hot Weather Resources. February is the last month of summer, however the hot weather may extend into March and April.
Vicsport has developed guidelines for clubs in order to prepare for Hot Weather in partnership with Sport and Recreation Victoria and the Australian Centre for Research into Injury in Sport and its Prevention (ACRISP).
These resources have been created to assist organisations with managing heat in sport while also supporting them to develop and promote the appropriate practice to protect the health and safety of everyone involved in sport including:
- parents and spectators
- sports trainers
It is recommended that sport organisations adopt a heat policy or develop sport specific guidelines to help:
- provide an environment for safe participation
- decrease the risk of heat-related illness and injury among participants, officials and spectators
- provide practical strategies to manage risks relevant to the sport
- ensure the needs of individuals are considered
- maintain participation levels during those warmer months
Click HERE for more information.