View full site Menu
South West Games FAQs
South West Games 2021 – Frequently asked questions?
Who can take part in the South West Games?
Any sporting club, fitness or dance studio or other organisation offering active recreation opportunities in the Warrnambool and surrounding areas can be part of the 2021 South West Games.
How my organisation can be part of the South West Games?
We encourage you to organise a session for past members, individuals, families and friends interested in trying a new sport or activity. – whether that is a match or game, a come and try, a social modified activity (e.g. 5-A-side soccer, Jack Attack, Orienteering, 3×3 Basketball or AFL 9’s).
Why should my sporting club get involved?
The 2021 South West Games is an excellent opportunity to re-engage with members (past and present) and also a chance to welcome new members or participants to your club.
Any sports clubs or organisations who have activities scheduled between November 20th –28th should contact South West Sport to add your activity is listed on our website and promoted through our channels.
What is South West Sport’s involvement in the games?
The South West Sport’s role is to help to promote all activities happening during the South West Games and help give your sporting club greater exposure.
We are also here to help with any questions you may have about best organising your event or activity and providing assistance with covid safe requirements.
For all South West Games related questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on (03) 5561 1689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will participants receive medals or certificates this year?
Given the different nature of the South West Games and the focus on ‘Sports and Physical Activation’ in 2021, there will be no South West Games medals.
South West Sport will be providing participation certificates for clubs who wish to distribute these to participants.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By Participating in the South West Games, the host sport organisers / participants (including players / officials / administrators / volunteers / spectators):
1. Acknowledge that insurance is not the responsibility of South West Sport and that host sport organisers / participants (including players / officials / administrators / volunteers / spectators) are responsible for their own insurance coverage and should confirm insurance status with their team / Club / the host sport organisers / State Sporting Association / National Sporting Association or relevant body prior to participating.
2. Agree to South West Sport using images / footage of any player / official / administrator / volunteer / spectator for promotion and marketing purposes unless otherwise specified by an individual.
3. Agree that South West Sport and its volunteers, staff, members and agents shall be released from, and shall not incur, any responsibility whatsoever for any accident or injury to individuals or for any damage to or loss of property of the:
- Host sport organisers
- Clubs/ teams
- participants (players/ officials/ administrators/ volunteers/ spectators)
4. Acknowledge that South West Sport is purely the coordinator of the promotion and marketing of the South West Games. All responsibilities arising from the conduct of each sports event or activity lies with the host sporting club or organisation.