View full site Menu
South West Sport Program Update
Last Updated: Wednesday 5th August 2020
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, there has been a significant number of community sporting clubs, leagues and associations impacted by the pandemic, and this has been evident through the suspension and/or cancellation of competitions and events, as well as the changes we are seeing to resources, including personnel.
We are offering South West Sport as a point of contact for clubs, leagues, associations and individuals within the South West.
In recent weeks, South West Sport too, has had to adapt to the changing environment. This has included the closure of our office to the public, and staff are now working remotely.
We have made the following changes to our programs:
Access for All Abilities:
- All programming for People with Disability to be suspended until further notice.
- Postpone and/or reschedule all workshops and training programs. Where possible, South West Sport will utilise video conferencing technology to deliver online sessions and resources.
- For one-on-one club support, South West Sport has organised a Virtual Listening Post; an opportunity for clubs to schedule appointments via video conferencing or phone to discuss individual concerns.
- A dedicated e-mail has been set up for club enquiries.
Regional Sport Program:
- All sport and active recreation programs to be suspended until further notice.
- Gender equity checklists will be completed utilising online technology.
- The South West Games Expression of Interest remains open at this stage.
Despite our team working remotely, we are available and ready to support clubs and associations.
We are asking clubs to continue to seek support through us, as your feedback will assist us with the development of planning resources, self assessment tools and templates.