View full site Menu
Sporting Club Grants
The Sporting Club Grants Program provides grants to assist in the purchase of sports uniforms and equipment and to improve the capacity and accessibility of Victorian clubs and other community sport and recreation organisations and increase the skills of their coaches, officials and managers.
Activities that can be funded include:
Category 1: Uniforms and Equipment
The purchase of sporting uniforms or equipment that is essential for participation, safety, or first aid equipment for immediate attention to injury that may occur participating in sport or active recreation.
Funding for active recreation clubs and associations to encourage people to participate in nature-based outdoor activities for example equipment for sporting activities at camps, first aid kits for outdoor activity groups etc.
Eligible items may include but are not limited to:
Uniforms, for example:
Equipment, for example:
- match balls
- team equipment kits
- first aid equipment
- protective equipment including gloves, helmets and batting pads.
Category 2 : Skill Development
Initiatives to improve the skills of organisation members and organisation sustainability through training for coaches, officials, administration staff and management committee members.
Examples of initiatives may include but are not limited to:
- participation in courses for coaches, referees, umpires and officials. This includes sports first aid and sports training level 1 or 2
- workshops for administrators and committee members in financial management, governance and committee management, volunteer management, club administration, information technology or Member Protection Information Officer training.
Category 3 : Organisation Operational Capacity
Initiatives to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of organisations. Additionally, initiatives such as a pilot program to increase community participation through accessible sport and active recreation opportunities.
- preparation of a business plan / strategic plan / succession plan
- development of policy and procedure manuals
- development of a club or organisation website
- start-up costs associated with the development of sport and active recreation programs, such as an alternative, modified or pilot programs, that aim to increase the equity, diversity and inclusiveness of sport and recreation for low participation groups or increase the membership base for clubs. This can include promotional material, equipment, uniforms, and training
- support active recreation organisations and sporting clubs that will deliver more flexible, social and less structured activities that aim to increase participation – for example come and try activities or social programs
- promotional materials, such as Aboriginal-specific club information flyers or information in other languages.
For more information, or to apply head to the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
If you wish to apply to develop a Strategic Plan, South West Sport can provide your organisation with a quote (to facilitate the strategic planning process) for your application please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org