View full site Menu
The Sporting Club Grants Program is Open for Applications NOW
The Sport and Recreation Victoria Sporting Club Grants Program provides grants to assist Clubs in the purchase of sports uniforms and equipment and to improve the capacity and accessibility of Victorian clubs and increase the skills of their coaches, officials and managers.
Applications close Friday 28th February.
The following categories are available:
Category 1: Uniforms and Equipment
The purchase of sporting uniforms or equipment that is essential for participation, safety, or first aid equipment for immediate attention to injury that may occur participating in sport or active recreation.
Eligible items may include but are not limited to:
Uniforms, for example:
Equipment, for example:
- match balls
- team equipment kits
- first aid equipment
- protective equipment including gloves, helmets and batting pads.
Category 2 : Skill Development
Initiatives to improve the skills of club members and club sustainability through training for coaches, officials, administration staff and management committee members.
Examples of initiatives may include but are not limited to:
- participation in courses for coaches, referees, umpires and officials. This includes sports first aid and sports training level 1 or 2
- workshops for administrators and committee members in financial management, governance and committee management, volunteer management, club administration, information technology or Member Protection Information Officer training.
Category 3 : Club Operational Capacity
Initiatives to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of organisations. Additionally, initiatives such as a pilot program to increase community participation through accessible sport and active recreation opportunities.
- preparation of a business plan / strategic plan / succession plan
- development of policy and procedure manuals
- development of a club or organisation website
- start-up costs associated with the development of sport and active recreation programs, such as an alternative, modified or pilot programs, that aim to increase the equity, diversity and inclusiveness of sport and recreation for low participation groups or increase the membership base for clubs. This can include promotional material, equipment, uniforms, and training
- promotional materials, such as Aboriginal-specific club information flyers or information in other languages.
Category 4 : Aboriginal Participation
- the purchase of equipment that is essential to participation in sport or active recreation or required to develop programs that will provide opportunities for Aboriginal Victorians to participate in sport and active recreation
- travel and accommodation costs over a 12-month period for athletes, coaches, officials or teams that are required to travel to train or compete. For example, an athlete or team that is regularly required to travel to train, or a regional club that is required to travel to a number of other towns in order to compete in their local competition or carnivals
- initiatives to improve the skills of the Aboriginal community members/volunteers of an organisation that is targeting increasing participation in sport and active recreation for Aboriginal Victorians. For example, coaching, administration and committee management.
Further information can be found via Sport and Recreation Victoria’s website.