View full site Menu
Useful Links and Resources
We encourage clubs to follow advice from reputable Government sources including:
- Consumer Affairs Victoria – information regarding Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and financial statements
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) – latest health advice, restrictions and community FAQs
- Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) – information for community sport and recreation, State Government grants
Additionally, clubs should contact their State Sporting Association in the first instance for specific information relevant to their sport and club.
Other great resources include:
- Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) – Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment
- VicSport – Coronavirus updates and links
We know there is a lot of information out there, so we have created some great tailored content for South West Victorian clubs including:
- Club Financial Management Webinar – hosted by Moore Stephens Australia, this session goes through the financial support available to sports clubs as well as actions clubs can take now to position themselves in the best way possible to get through the pandemic
- Innovative Participation Strategies Webinar – we were joined by representatives from AFL Western District, VicHealth and VicSport to discuss how clubs can think differently about getting members back into their club post-pandemic.
- Planning for a Return to Sport Post COVID-19 – planning document and accompanying video discussing some of the factors your club needs to take into consideration when preparing for a return to competition.
- Strategic Planning Webinar – now is the time to think about planning for your club’s future. Join us as we discuss why planning is important and how your club can go about getting the process started.
- Surviving COVID-19: A Club Perspective – we’ve been catching up with a different club each month to discuss how they are coping during the current pandemic. Check out the interviews below.
- Virtual Listening Posts – bookable session with a South West Sport team member to discuss any issues and support your club needs.
During the pandemic, South West Sport teamed up with our colleagues at Regional Sport Victoria to conduct a minimum of 500 conversations with community sports clubs across Regional Victoria.
We wanted to understand how the clubs were coping, what type of support they needed and gain a broader understanding as to the experiences, concerns and challenges clubs were facing through the pandemic.
You can check out our findings here.