View full site Menu
Women’s FREE Regional Governance Program
South West Sport has partnered with the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation to support the development of women who work or volunteer in the community sport sector across the South West of Victoria.
South West Sport has received funding through Change Our Game to deliver the Regional Governance Program in 2021 – a program that has been designed to build the skills, knowledge and confidence of women in regional areas, arming them with the tools to play leadership roles within the community sport sector.
By delivering the program, we aim to:
- Build meaningful links and networks with like-minded women working or volunteering in community sport across the region
- Empower women to join community sport Boards/Committees
- Create more visibility for women in leadership positions, recognising role models in our communities
- Increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of women across the South West – enabling them to effectively lead and contribute to community sport in our region
- Improve community sport Board/Committee function
- Improve regional community sport adherence to Mandatory Board Quotas
- Increase retention rates of women who continue to work or volunteer in community sport
- Create stronger and more inclusive clubs, leagues and associations in the region
The program will entail one online session and two in person sessions (delivered over a 4-6 week period). Participants must attend all three sessions. Following this, we will invite you to our South West Sport Regional Governance Network – with opportunities to attend exclusive network and professional development events.
Session 1 (Online):
- Group 1: 6:00pm, Monday 26th April
- Group 2: 6:00pm, Wednesday 28th April
Session 2 (Face-to-face):
- Group 1: Venue TBC, 6:00pm Monday 10th May
Session 3 (Face-to-face):
- Group 1: Venue TBC, 6:00pm Monday 24th May
If you are interested in attending another session, please contact us.