View full site Menu
Women’s FREE Regional Governance Program
South West Sport has partnered with the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation to support the development of women who work or volunteer in the community sport sector across the South West of Victoria.
South West Sport has received funding through Change Our Game to deliver the Regional Governance Program in 2021 – a program that has been designed to build the skills, knowledge and confidence of women in regional areas, arming them with the tools to play leadership roles within the community sport sector.
By delivering the program, we aim to:
- Build meaningful links and networks with like-minded women working or volunteering in community sport across the region
- Empower women to join community sport Boards/Committees
- Create more visibility for women in leadership positions, recognising role models in our communities
- Increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of women across the South West – enabling them to effectively lead and contribute to community sport in our region
- Improve community sport Board/Committee function
- Improve regional community sport adherence to Mandatory Board Quotas
- Increase retention rates of women who continue to work or volunteer in community sport
- Create stronger and more inclusive clubs, leagues and associations in the region
The program will be delivered in person via the following group options. Following this, we will invite you to our Great South Coast Women in Sport Network – with opportunities to attend exclusive network and professional development events.
We are running one FINAL Session – Monday 11th October 2021, 6:00pm – 8:30pm ONLINE.
If you are interested in attending this session, please Register HERE